Search found 265 matches

by Kite Kook
Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:37 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Solar Power for Camping
Replies: 7
Views: 1685

These are the original message board posts for the sake of archival searching and to aid in future reference: Kite Kook: Almost enough wind to lure me out. Almost... Say, does anyone know where to get a good deal on solar panel's - Oct 10 4:30PM Kite Kook: Thanks Johny, but I'm trying to buy local. ...
by Kite Kook
Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:32 pm
Topic: Solar Power for Camping
Views: 1685

Solar Power for Camping

This topic was taking up too much room on the message board which I believe is supposed to be wind related, so I thought I would move it here. Thanks everybody for your input so far. Eastside - I found this online. Is this the product you speak of?: http://www.costco.ca It seems more expensive than ...
by Kite Kook
Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:23 pm
Topic: Dumb Questions about Baja
Replies: 16
Views: 3318

Hey - Thanks everyone for your input - much appreciated! I am stoked to get down there and get some sun. Hope to see you early '08!

Martin and Rob - you guys have it good - wish I could be with you now!

Cheers,
Paul
by Kite Kook
Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:39 pm
Topic: Dumb Questions about Baja
Replies: 16
Views: 3318

Dumb Questions about Baja

So, Rob is complaining about humidity down in La Ventana. Now, I have never been down there, but it has been described to me as desert. This, to me, implies dry. Like when I was in Phoenix, it was @ 10%, and you could leave your potato chips out for a week and they wouldn’t go stale…. I know it’s on...
by Kite Kook
Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:47 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Authority is not the truth, truth is the authority!
Replies: 95
Views: 24527

blackwater

as a follow up on that Blackwater stuff:

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/09/2 ... water.html
by Kite Kook
Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:40 pm
Topic: Found at Nitinaht
Replies: 9
Views: 2053

That first one is Marathon Dave's. Not sure of his number, someone else have that? Johnny?
by Kite Kook
Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Schooled wrote: Lack of critical thinking skills can lead to a terrible foreign policy just as quickly as to a belief in 9-11 conspiracy theories. It just depends on ones pre-existing political leanings, so I'll criticise both. Dismissal of conspiracy theories out of hand simply because they are la...
by Kite Kook
Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:33 am

All in all, who cares if 9-11 was an inside job. It would pale in comparison to the misery the U.S. creates on a daily basis.
well said. :(
by Kite Kook
Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 pm

For all those interested and concerned with matters raised on this thread, I highly reccommend Znet. http://www.zmag.org/weluser.htm . Znet is very extensive online progressive magazine and community of alternative news, opinions, discussion forums, and resources from Z Magazine. It's one of my all-...
by Kite Kook
Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 pm

The producers quote was actually: " It is my hope that people will not take what is said in the film as truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized.” I watched the film. Reminded me a bit of Loose Change (9/11 agiprop). I find the film has a few problems, but I'm n...
by Kite Kook
Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:21 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Poor Student Cant Afford Kiteboarding Lessons!! HELP
Replies: 8
Views: 2609

Kiteboarding Safety Thread

Start by reading this thread http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2072 Then make sure you get, at an absolute mininum, land based flying lessons. You should be able to find someone to give this to you really cheap, if not for free. Hell, if you can't find anyone else, *I'll* give you a d...
by Kite Kook
Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: water assist at nitnat
Replies: 63
Views: 14154

$5 and a beer is indeed a bargain! Back in the era before jet skis at the lake, I had to self-resucue numerous times. I think all winsurfers should know how to de-rig and swim the gear back, and all kiters should know how to wind -up the lines and self-rescue with the kite if there is any wind. To e...
by Kite Kook
Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 am
Topic: FATHER'S DAY BLOWOUT!!
Views: 1677

Hmm, this sounds interesting. Except I think today it's a bit too West to make it optimal. Also, since it's Father's day, busy until @3:30. If the wind improves and you are going later, let us know. Othwerwise, perhaps sometime in July when it usually gets more south in the early afternoon? Cheers, ...
by Kite Kook
Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:36 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Lessons Price compare !!
Views: 1966

you also might ask if the person giving the lesson has a jet ski - that might make a big difference in price. A chance to save some time, or a chance to save money - it's your choice!
by Kite Kook
Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:26 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Cook Street Webcam news
Replies: 34
Views: 24160

Thanks Dave! This way it saves people calling me all the time to ask me what the trees in my back yard are doing :)